Justice Pant appointed first CJ of Meghalaya High Court
New Delhi: Justice Prafulla Chandra Pant has been appointed as the first Chief Justice of the newly established Meghalaya High Court.
Justice Pant (61) is a judge of the Uttarakhand High Court.
Born in Pithoragarh district of then undivided Uttar Pradesh, he joined the UP Judicial Service in 1976 and held different posts.
After the creation of Uttarakhand, he was the first Secretary, Judicial, of the state.
He became Additional Judge of the Uttarakhand High Court in June 2004 and a permanent Judge in February 2008.
His appointment as the Chief Justice of the high court will take effect from the date he assumes charge of his office, a Law Ministry statement said here.
Justice T Nandakumar Singh (59) has been the Acting Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court. He took oath as the Judge of the Meghalaya High Court on March 23, this year.
The High Court of Meghalaya was inaugurated on March 25, this year after Parliament approved last year amendments to the North?Eastern Areas (Re-Organisation) Act, 1971.
Asapu Ramalingeswara Rao and Dama Seshadri Naidu have been appointed as Additional Judges of the Andhra Pradesh High Court, in that order of seniority, for a period of two years from the date they assume charge of their office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!