Justice Sapre sworn in as Chief Justice of Manipur
Imphal: Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre was on Saturday sworn in as first Chief Justice of Manipur High Court by Governor Gurbachan Jagat at a simple function at Raj Bhavan here, official sources said.
Sapre was administered the oath of office by the Governor during the function which was attended by Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh, his cabinet colleagues, senior civil and police officials among others.
Justice Sapre, former judge of Chhatisgarh High Court, would be the first Chief Justice of the newly-set up Manipur High Court, sources said adding that the court will have three judges including Justice Sapre in the beginning.
Judge of Guwahati High Court N Koteswar has been appointed as a judge of Manipur High Court, sources said, adding that the third judge would be appointed soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen