Justice Sapre sworn in as Chief Justice of Manipur
Imphal: Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre was on Saturday sworn in as first Chief Justice of Manipur High Court by Governor Gurbachan Jagat at a simple function at Raj Bhavan here, official sources said.
Sapre was administered the oath of office by the Governor during the function which was attended by Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh, his cabinet colleagues, senior civil and police officials among others.
Justice Sapre, former judge of Chhatisgarh High Court, would be the first Chief Justice of the newly-set up Manipur High Court, sources said adding that the court will have three judges including Justice Sapre in the beginning.
Judge of Guwahati High Court N Koteswar has been appointed as a judge of Manipur High Court, sources said, adding that the third judge would be appointed soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites