Justice Sapre sworn in as Chief Justice of Manipur
Imphal: Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre was on Saturday sworn in as first Chief Justice of Manipur High Court by Governor Gurbachan Jagat at a simple function at Raj Bhavan here, official sources said.
Sapre was administered the oath of office by the Governor during the function which was attended by Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh, his cabinet colleagues, senior civil and police officials among others.
Justice Sapre, former judge of Chhatisgarh High Court, would be the first Chief Justice of the newly-set up Manipur High Court, sources said adding that the court will have three judges including Justice Sapre in the beginning.
Judge of Guwahati High Court N Koteswar has been appointed as a judge of Manipur High Court, sources said, adding that the third judge would be appointed soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt