Kameng River inundates NH 52 in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: The rain-fed Kamlang River has flooded National Highway 52, disrupting vehicular movement in several areas of Lohit district in Arunachal Pradesh, officials said on Saturday.
A large number of vehicles remained stranded on the way to Tezu, Hayuliang and Tinsukia in Assam. The river is also posing threat to the Army camp, local and government residences at Kamlang, they said.
The state water resource department has sought assistance from the Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) to help improve the situation.
The Noa-Dihing River is also in spate eroding the bank at Padu Nallah and posing a threat to Mahadevpur township.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan