Kameng River inundates NH 52 in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: The rain-fed Kamlang River has flooded National Highway 52, disrupting vehicular movement in several areas of Lohit district in Arunachal Pradesh, officials said on Saturday.
A large number of vehicles remained stranded on the way to Tezu, Hayuliang and Tinsukia in Assam. The river is also posing threat to the Army camp, local and government residences at Kamlang, they said.
The state water resource department has sought assistance from the Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) to help improve the situation.
The Noa-Dihing River is also in spate eroding the bank at Padu Nallah and posing a threat to Mahadevpur township.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes