Karunakaran complains to AICC about flaws in party polls
Thiruvananthapuram: Veteran Congress leader
K Karunakaran today complained to the AICC about the manner
in which organisational polls are being held in Kerala.
In his letter to AICC General Secretary Mohsina Kidwai, in
charge of the state unit, the 92-year-old leader said the
polls were not being held in a "transparent and democractic"
manner, sources close to Karunakaran said.
He alleged that what was happening was sharing of positions
on the pretext of consensus between two factions in the state
unit, totally ignoring the active workers loyal to him.
Though Karunakaran did not name his adversaries, it was
apparently clear that he was targetting the groups loyal to
former Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and KPCC president Ramesh
The matter was being brought to the AICC`s notice since
the grievances of the Karunakaran camp were not taken proper
note of by Pradesh Returning Officer Krishnaswamy, sources
"Our feeling is that justice is not done to us by those in
charge of the organisational polls", a senior Karunakaran
The grievance of the Karunakaran loyalists was that there
was a move to manipulate the polls by sharing positions
between Chandy and Chennithala camps who had forged a pact
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Oops! Iulia Vantur 'just friends' with Salman Khan? Full story inside
- Narendra Modi poorer than many of his Union Cabinet colleagues
- ICSI Executive Programme Examination Result June 2016 to be declared shortly; check icsi.edu, ICSI CS Result 2016
- Risks are essential, but overrated: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!