Key accused in Arunachal MMS scandal re-arrested
Itanagar: A dismissed police officer,
prime accused of the MMS sex scandal involving two minors that
rocked Arunachal Pradesh last year, was arrested after being
into hiding for nearly a year, the police said on Saturday.
The Special Investigating Team (SIT) arrested ASI
Boham Bo from his native house at Wangun Ponthai in Bordumsa
area of Changlang district yesterday.
Bo and four constables of Daporijo police station in
Upper Subansiri district allegedly forced a minor boy and a
girl to have sex inside the police station, video recording it
in a mobile phone and circulating it as an MMS clip.
The two were caught from Tadak Dulom bridge in Pakam
Colony before bringing them to the Daporijo police station.
Though the incident occurred on June 12, 2009, it was
known only early last year when a member of Arunachal Pradesh
Women Welfare Society, a women`s organisation, received the
clip. The society then lodged a complaint to the State Women`s
Commission which led to the arrest of Bo and others.
"The police had arrested all the accused. But Bo has
been evading law enforcement agencies since he got bail," DIG
Anil Shukla, who has been supervising the probe since the SIT
took over the case in April last year, said.
A fake CBI identity card, maps of Tirap, Changlang and
Lohit districts, a mobile phone, and other documents were
seized from Bo during arrest, the DIG said adding he was being
taken to Itanagar.
Bo was arrested on March 21 last year from the Police
Training Centre in Papum Pare district, where he was under
training. However, he went underground after getting a transit
bail to report to the CJM in Upper Subansiri.
He was dismissed from service on May 12 and was
declared a proclaimed offender on November 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam