Key accused in Arunachal MMS scandal re-arrested
Itanagar: A dismissed police officer,
prime accused of the MMS sex scandal involving two minors that
rocked Arunachal Pradesh last year, was arrested after being
into hiding for nearly a year, the police said on Saturday.
The Special Investigating Team (SIT) arrested ASI
Boham Bo from his native house at Wangun Ponthai in Bordumsa
area of Changlang district yesterday.
Bo and four constables of Daporijo police station in
Upper Subansiri district allegedly forced a minor boy and a
girl to have sex inside the police station, video recording it
in a mobile phone and circulating it as an MMS clip.
The two were caught from Tadak Dulom bridge in Pakam
Colony before bringing them to the Daporijo police station.
Though the incident occurred on June 12, 2009, it was
known only early last year when a member of Arunachal Pradesh
Women Welfare Society, a women`s organisation, received the
clip. The society then lodged a complaint to the State Women`s
Commission which led to the arrest of Bo and others.
"The police had arrested all the accused. But Bo has
been evading law enforcement agencies since he got bail," DIG
Anil Shukla, who has been supervising the probe since the SIT
took over the case in April last year, said.
A fake CBI identity card, maps of Tirap, Changlang and
Lohit districts, a mobile phone, and other documents were
seized from Bo during arrest, the DIG said adding he was being
taken to Itanagar.
Bo was arrested on March 21 last year from the Police
Training Centre in Papum Pare district, where he was under
training. However, he went underground after getting a transit
bail to report to the CJM in Upper Subansiri.
He was dismissed from service on May 12 and was
declared a proclaimed offender on November 19.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read