Key Assam serial blasts accused arrested from Aizawl
Shillong: A key accused in 2008 Assam serial
blasts, B Jwangkhang alias George Boro, has been arrested from
Mizroam capital town Aizawl.
The most-wanted militant leader, who is the ‘deputy
c-in-c’ of the banned NDFB, was arrested by a joint team of 10
Assam Rifles and police, assisted by an Assam Police team,
last night from a hotel room in Aizawl, a spokesperson at the
Assam Rifles headquarters here said today.
Jwangkhang was being tracked for the last few days after
he entered India from Bangladesh, the spokesperson said.
The PSO of Jwangkhang was also arrested with him.
A CBI official, who is in the team investigating the
serial blasts, said that Jwangkhang was the main kingpin of
the Guwahati blasts.
A red-corner notice was issued against him after being
charge-sheeted by the CBI, the official said.
"Jwangkhang had carried out the blasts at the behest of
NDFB chief Ranjan Daimary, who is now in jail," the official
At least 88 people were killed in nine serial blasts
across Assam, including three in Guwahati, on October 30,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon