Key Assam serial blasts accused arrested from Aizawl
Shillong: A key accused in 2008 Assam serial
blasts, B Jwangkhang alias George Boro, has been arrested from
Mizroam capital town Aizawl.
The most-wanted militant leader, who is the ‘deputy
c-in-c’ of the banned NDFB, was arrested by a joint team of 10
Assam Rifles and police, assisted by an Assam Police team,
last night from a hotel room in Aizawl, a spokesperson at the
Assam Rifles headquarters here said today.
Jwangkhang was being tracked for the last few days after
he entered India from Bangladesh, the spokesperson said.
The PSO of Jwangkhang was also arrested with him.
A CBI official, who is in the team investigating the
serial blasts, said that Jwangkhang was the main kingpin of
the Guwahati blasts.
A red-corner notice was issued against him after being
charge-sheeted by the CBI, the official said.
"Jwangkhang had carried out the blasts at the behest of
NDFB chief Ranjan Daimary, who is now in jail," the official
At least 88 people were killed in nine serial blasts
across Assam, including three in Guwahati, on October 30,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre