Key Assam serial blasts accused arrested from Aizawl
Shillong: A key accused in 2008 Assam serial
blasts, B Jwangkhang alias George Boro, has been arrested from
Mizroam capital town Aizawl.
The most-wanted militant leader, who is the ‘deputy
c-in-c’ of the banned NDFB, was arrested by a joint team of 10
Assam Rifles and police, assisted by an Assam Police team,
last night from a hotel room in Aizawl, a spokesperson at the
Assam Rifles headquarters here said today.
Jwangkhang was being tracked for the last few days after
he entered India from Bangladesh, the spokesperson said.
The PSO of Jwangkhang was also arrested with him.
A CBI official, who is in the team investigating the
serial blasts, said that Jwangkhang was the main kingpin of
the Guwahati blasts.
A red-corner notice was issued against him after being
charge-sheeted by the CBI, the official said.
"Jwangkhang had carried out the blasts at the behest of
NDFB chief Ranjan Daimary, who is now in jail," the official
At least 88 people were killed in nine serial blasts
across Assam, including three in Guwahati, on October 30,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP