Key Assam serial blasts accused arrested from Aizawl
Shillong: A key accused in 2008 Assam serial
blasts, B Jwangkhang alias George Boro, has been arrested from
Mizroam capital town Aizawl.
The most-wanted militant leader, who is the ‘deputy
c-in-c’ of the banned NDFB, was arrested by a joint team of 10
Assam Rifles and police, assisted by an Assam Police team,
last night from a hotel room in Aizawl, a spokesperson at the
Assam Rifles headquarters here said today.
Jwangkhang was being tracked for the last few days after
he entered India from Bangladesh, the spokesperson said.
The PSO of Jwangkhang was also arrested with him.
A CBI official, who is in the team investigating the
serial blasts, said that Jwangkhang was the main kingpin of
the Guwahati blasts.
A red-corner notice was issued against him after being
charge-sheeted by the CBI, the official said.
"Jwangkhang had carried out the blasts at the behest of
NDFB chief Ranjan Daimary, who is now in jail," the official
At least 88 people were killed in nine serial blasts
across Assam, including three in Guwahati, on October 30,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?