Khandu administered MLA oath by Speaker
Itanagar: Water Resources and Tourism
Minister Pema Khandu, eldest son of former chief minister
Dorjee Khandu, was administered the oath of affirmation as a
legislator by Legislative Assembly Speaker Wanglin Lowangdong
in the assembly today.
Chief Minister Jarbom Gamlin, Home Minister Takar Marde,
Forest Minister Setong Sena, Health Minister Atum Welly, and
Agriculture Minister Honchun Ngandam their legislator
colleagues, senior officers including Chief Secretary Tabom
Bam were present on the occasion.
After the seat felt vacant following the tragic death of
Khandu who died in a Pawan Hans chopper crash on April 30 last
at Luguthang, near Tawang along with four others on board,
Pema was inducted into Gamlin ministry on April 20 last.
However, he was elected in a by-election from Mukto
assembly constituency uncontested on June 30 last.
The former chief minister had had won the seat for five
consecutive times, including three times unopposed during
1990, 2004 and 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!