Khandu wins unopposed
Itanagar: Congress candidate and Tourism
and Water Resources Minister Pema Khandu is set to win the
Mukto assembly constituency by-election uncontested as no
other candidate has filed nomination.
Today was the last date of withdrawal.
The seat had fallen vacant due to the death of former
chief minister Dorjee Khandu in a helicopter crash on April
Pema is the former chief minister`s eldest son and
president of Tawang district Congress Committee.
He was inducted as minister on May 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore