Khandu wins unopposed
Itanagar: Congress candidate and Tourism
and Water Resources Minister Pema Khandu is set to win the
Mukto assembly constituency by-election uncontested as no
other candidate has filed nomination.
Today was the last date of withdrawal.
The seat had fallen vacant due to the death of former
chief minister Dorjee Khandu in a helicopter crash on April
Pema is the former chief minister`s eldest son and
president of Tawang district Congress Committee.
He was inducted as minister on May 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured