Khandu wins unopposed
Itanagar: Congress candidate and Tourism
and Water Resources Minister Pema Khandu is set to win the
Mukto assembly constituency by-election uncontested as no
other candidate has filed nomination.
Today was the last date of withdrawal.
The seat had fallen vacant due to the death of former
chief minister Dorjee Khandu in a helicopter crash on April
Pema is the former chief minister`s eldest son and
president of Tawang district Congress Committee.
He was inducted as minister on May 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!