Khandu wins unopposed
Itanagar: Congress candidate and Tourism
and Water Resources Minister Pema Khandu is set to win the
Mukto assembly constituency by-election uncontested as no
other candidate has filed nomination.
Today was the last date of withdrawal.
The seat had fallen vacant due to the death of former
chief minister Dorjee Khandu in a helicopter crash on April
Pema is the former chief minister`s eldest son and
president of Tawang district Congress Committee.
He was inducted as minister on May 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?