Khandu wins unopposed
Itanagar: Congress candidate and Tourism
and Water Resources Minister Pema Khandu is set to win the
Mukto assembly constituency by-election uncontested as no
other candidate has filed nomination.
Today was the last date of withdrawal.
The seat had fallen vacant due to the death of former
chief minister Dorjee Khandu in a helicopter crash on April
Pema is the former chief minister`s eldest son and
president of Tawang district Congress Committee.
He was inducted as minister on May 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands