Khandu’s death: Pawan Hans office attacked
Itanagar: Angry protesters attacked the
local Pawan Hans office, breaking window panes and ransacking
furniture after reports that the missing chopper carrying
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu had crashed.
A group of youths ransacked the local Pawan Hans
office in Maharlagun, 14 kms from Itanagar, police said.
The glass panes of the director`s chamber and booking
counter were damaged in the attack, they said.
However, no one was injured, police said, adding the
employees fled from the office after the protesters swooped on
The single engine four-seater Pawan Hans helicopter
with Khandu and four others on board went missing soon after
taking off from Tawang on Saturday.
A pall of gloom descended on the state capital with
thousands thronging Khandu`s official bungalow at Niti Vihar
here. Ministers, MLAs and senior officials were hesitant to
"Never before has Arunachal witnessed such massive
development as was undertaken under Khandu after he took over
the reins on April 9, 2007," Power Minister Jarbom Gamlin who
is also state government spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!