Khandu’s death: Pawan Hans office attacked
Itanagar: Angry protesters attacked the
local Pawan Hans office, breaking window panes and ransacking
furniture after reports that the missing chopper carrying
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu had crashed.
A group of youths ransacked the local Pawan Hans
office in Maharlagun, 14 kms from Itanagar, police said.
The glass panes of the director`s chamber and booking
counter were damaged in the attack, they said.
However, no one was injured, police said, adding the
employees fled from the office after the protesters swooped on
The single engine four-seater Pawan Hans helicopter
with Khandu and four others on board went missing soon after
taking off from Tawang on Saturday.
A pall of gloom descended on the state capital with
thousands thronging Khandu`s official bungalow at Niti Vihar
here. Ministers, MLAs and senior officials were hesitant to
"Never before has Arunachal witnessed such massive
development as was undertaken under Khandu after he took over
the reins on April 9, 2007," Power Minister Jarbom Gamlin who
is also state government spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials