Kidnapped masons released in Manipur
Imphal: Two masons who were kidnapped by suspected Kuki militants from Saikul area in Manipur`s Senapati district have been released, the police said today.
The duo A Doren and S Tomba were freed at a foothill near Saikul on December 24, sources said adding that it was not known whether ransom had been paid by the contractor under whom they were working.
They were abducted on December 10 in connection with alleged monetary demand from the contractor.
Several organisations including Kuki Students Organisation had earlier demanded the safe release of the two to avoid `any misunderstanding` between Kuki and other communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?