Kidnapped masons released in Manipur
Imphal: Two masons who were kidnapped by suspected Kuki militants from Saikul area in Manipur`s Senapati district have been released, the police said today.
The duo A Doren and S Tomba were freed at a foothill near Saikul on December 24, sources said adding that it was not known whether ransom had been paid by the contractor under whom they were working.
They were abducted on December 10 in connection with alleged monetary demand from the contractor.
Several organisations including Kuki Students Organisation had earlier demanded the safe release of the two to avoid `any misunderstanding` between Kuki and other communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Concerned by amended child labour bill in India: UN
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq set for second stint as England spin guru
- Rio 2016: Note perfect Andy Murray ready for more Olympic glory
- Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand clear case of intelligence failure: Defence Expert
- Genelia D'Souza shared this really CUTE picture with son! Picture inside