Kidnapped masons released in Manipur
Imphal: Two masons who were kidnapped by suspected Kuki militants from Saikul area in Manipur`s Senapati district have been released, the police said today.
The duo A Doren and S Tomba were freed at a foothill near Saikul on December 24, sources said adding that it was not known whether ransom had been paid by the contractor under whom they were working.
They were abducted on December 10 in connection with alleged monetary demand from the contractor.
Several organisations including Kuki Students Organisation had earlier demanded the safe release of the two to avoid `any misunderstanding` between Kuki and other communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH