Kidnapped masons released in Manipur
Imphal: Two masons who were kidnapped by suspected Kuki militants from Saikul area in Manipur`s Senapati district have been released, the police said today.
The duo A Doren and S Tomba were freed at a foothill near Saikul on December 24, sources said adding that it was not known whether ransom had been paid by the contractor under whom they were working.
They were abducted on December 10 in connection with alleged monetary demand from the contractor.
Several organisations including Kuki Students Organisation had earlier demanded the safe release of the two to avoid `any misunderstanding` between Kuki and other communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah