Killer beheads man, surrenders with severed head
Lakhimpur: A man was beheaded by another person, who walked with the severed head for a kilometre before surrendering to the police in Assam`s Lakhimpur district Wednesday, police said.
Nikodin Tiru of Dolohat tea estate killed Salu, who was a traditional medicine practitioner and beheaded him with an axe at Phulbari No.1 Sarang village.
Tiru then took the severed head and walked with it to Dolohat police outpost where he surrendered.
Tiru claimed during interrogation that he was suffering from mental problems and had approached Salu in November last to cure him but there was no improvement in his condition.
He further alleged that Salu was planning to take away his land and other property following which he had killed him in a fit of rage, the police said.
Tiru has been arrested and further investigations were on, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015