Killer beheads man, surrenders with severed head
Lakhimpur: A man was beheaded by another person, who walked with the severed head for a kilometre before surrendering to the police in Assam`s Lakhimpur district Wednesday, police said.
Nikodin Tiru of Dolohat tea estate killed Salu, who was a traditional medicine practitioner and beheaded him with an axe at Phulbari No.1 Sarang village.
Tiru then took the severed head and walked with it to Dolohat police outpost where he surrendered.
Tiru claimed during interrogation that he was suffering from mental problems and had approached Salu in November last to cure him but there was no improvement in his condition.
He further alleged that Salu was planning to take away his land and other property following which he had killed him in a fit of rage, the police said.
Tiru has been arrested and further investigations were on, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan