Killer beheads man, surrenders with severed head
Lakhimpur: A man was beheaded by another person, who walked with the severed head for a kilometre before surrendering to the police in Assam`s Lakhimpur district Wednesday, police said.
Nikodin Tiru of Dolohat tea estate killed Salu, who was a traditional medicine practitioner and beheaded him with an axe at Phulbari No.1 Sarang village.
Tiru then took the severed head and walked with it to Dolohat police outpost where he surrendered.
Tiru claimed during interrogation that he was suffering from mental problems and had approached Salu in November last to cure him but there was no improvement in his condition.
He further alleged that Salu was planning to take away his land and other property following which he had killed him in a fit of rage, the police said.
Tiru has been arrested and further investigations were on, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC