Kishenji`s presence is not important: Assam CM
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun
Gogoi on Saturday said he gives no importance to the reported
presence of Maoist leader Koteswar Rao alias Kishenji in
"I don`t give importance to the presence of Kishenji
in Assam. Maoist activities are taking place even without him
here. In fact, if he is moving around in my state it is good
for me...I can catch him," Gogoi said responding to reporters
queries about the reported presence of Kishenji in Assam.
"When he works underground then it is a matter of
concern for me," he said.
Asked if the ULFA were the "big brothers" of the
Maoists, Gogoi said, "they are in the same boat".
Media reports had claimed that the most wanted Maoist
leader had sneaked into Assam a few back and was believed to
be in Bongaigaon or Kokrajhar district to establish bases of
the rebel group in the north-east region.
Gogoi also said that the prime minister had been
impressed upon not to withdraw the special Naxalite area
development schemes from Assam in view of the improvement in
the law and order situation here as the backward areas with
poor communication and inter-state borders are breeding
grounds for militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!