KLPLF chairman and general secretary arrested
Diphu: The Chairman and the General Secretary of Karbi Landless Peoples` Force (KPLF), a new militant outfit active in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district, were arrested today and huge quantity of arms and ammunitions were seized from their possession, police said.
"A joint operation was launched by both police and the CRPF in Dilai and Mania areas in Bokajan police station and the duo was nabbed from Jiyadongh village," Superintendent of Police Karbi Anglong Mugdhajyoti Mahanta said.
The security forces also recovered two AK-56 rifles, ten magazines of AK-56, 255 live rounds of AK-56 ammunitions, a 7.65 mm pistol, four live rounds of ammunitions of 7.65 pistol, a .22 rifle, six live grenades, a magazine of 9 mm pistol, four buff plates, a mobile, some SIM cards, and a torch.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!