KLPLF chairman and general secretary arrested
Diphu: The Chairman and the General Secretary of Karbi Landless Peoples` Force (KPLF), a new militant outfit active in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district, were arrested today and huge quantity of arms and ammunitions were seized from their possession, police said.
"A joint operation was launched by both police and the CRPF in Dilai and Mania areas in Bokajan police station and the duo was nabbed from Jiyadongh village," Superintendent of Police Karbi Anglong Mugdhajyoti Mahanta said.
The security forces also recovered two AK-56 rifles, ten magazines of AK-56, 255 live rounds of AK-56 ammunitions, a 7.65 mm pistol, four live rounds of ammunitions of 7.65 pistol, a .22 rifle, six live grenades, a magazine of 9 mm pistol, four buff plates, a mobile, some SIM cards, and a torch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II