`Know Your Army` Mela generates interest in Tawang
Tezpur: To fortify the confidence of people in the good intent of the Army and motivate the North East youth to join the defence force, a two-day `Know Your Army` Mela was organised at Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh.
The first of its kind Mela in Tawang from Monday was also to generate goodwill among the local populace and to familiarise them with the army`s capabilities and equipment profile so as to provide requisite stimuli and motivation to the youth for joining the Army.
In the 20 stalls assorted equipment and weapons were on display and information provided on various entry schemes of army with the help of books, charts and video clippings, defence sources today said.
A cultural programme was presented by the troops and locals of Tawang exhibiting the rich cultural heritage in the form of traditional dances of India, the sources said.
About 2000 people from interior villages and Tawang witnessed the event with school children being enthralled by the display.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh