`Know Your Army` Mela generates interest in Tawang
Tezpur: To fortify the confidence of people in the good intent of the Army and motivate the North East youth to join the defence force, a two-day `Know Your Army` Mela was organised at Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh.
The first of its kind Mela in Tawang from Monday was also to generate goodwill among the local populace and to familiarise them with the army`s capabilities and equipment profile so as to provide requisite stimuli and motivation to the youth for joining the Army.
In the 20 stalls assorted equipment and weapons were on display and information provided on various entry schemes of army with the help of books, charts and video clippings, defence sources today said.
A cultural programme was presented by the troops and locals of Tawang exhibiting the rich cultural heritage in the form of traditional dances of India, the sources said.
About 2000 people from interior villages and Tawang witnessed the event with school children being enthralled by the display.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram