Kokrajhar police to interrogate Ranjan Daimary
Kokrajhar: NDFB Chief Ranjan Daimary, prime
accused of October 30, 2008 serial blasts in Assam, would be
interrogated soon by police in lower Assam`s Kokrajhar
district for his alleged involvement in five criminal cases.
Three of the major criminal cases the insurgent leader
was involved in in Kokrajhar district included an incident of
targetting an MP and his convoy at Tipkai in Porbatjhora
subdivision of the district in April last year, Superintendent
of Police P K Dutta told reporters here today.
The other two incidents were the killing of All Bodo
Students Union president Swambla Basumatary in 1996 and
looting of the 7th Assam Police Battalion armoury at
Daimary, arrested in Bangladesh and handed over to
Indian authorities on May one last, was now in 14 days custody
of police in Udalguri district since Wednesday.
Dutta also said that evidences based on interrogation of
arrested NDFB cadres "establishing linkages" between the NDFB
and local political party Bodo Peoples Political Front (BPPF)
were a serious concern for the area.
The SP said that there was no reason to undermine the
strength of the NDFB as a militant outfit for a good number of
its council members were beyond the security net, and there
were inputs that the cadres were operating from several
hideouts and making sabotage attempts on railway tracks for
The area had, therefore, been put on maximum alert,
particularly railway tracks, trains and important
installations, he added.
NDFB explosive expert and founder member Fukan Boro
had meanwhile increased his movements along with few
associates in the northern part of NH-31 in the district as
per the arrested cadres, Dutta said.
In encounters 34 NDFB cadres were killed and 52 were
apprehended with a huge cache of arms and ammunition in 2009,
while 10 had died and 22 were arrested so far this year, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan