Konwar to be sworn in as Tripura Governor on Monday
Agartala: Devanand Konwar, former Governor of Bihar would take over as the Governor of Tripura on Monday, official sources said on Sunday.
Konwar arrived here today from Patna and was given guard of honour by the Tripura State Rifles at the Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and his cabinet colleagues were present during the guard of honour and reception.
Chief Justice of Tripura High Court Dipak Gupta would administer him the oath of office tomorrow morning at the Raj Bhavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation