KRC to hold solidarity rally for Karmapa
Gangtok: The Karmapa Reception Committee
here would take out a rally here tomorrow in support of the Tibetan spiritual leader Ogyen Trinley Dorje who is embroiled in a controversy relating to major foreign currency haul.
Speaking to newsmen today, the spokesperson of the
powerful Karmapa Reception Committee, Thukchuk Lachungpa, said
KRC was in touch with Dorje?s centre at Dharamshala and has chalked out programmes showing solidarity with him.
``We have full faith in the Indian judiciary and believe
that the cloud over Dorje will certainly clear soon,`` he
Lachungpa said many organisations in Sikkim were eager to
sit in hunger strikes demanding clarification on the Karmapa
issue but `we are delivering a message of calmness to all the
devotees in order to provide a healthy environment for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!