Kuki blockade affects normal life in Manipur
Imphal: An indefinite blockade by Kukis recently brought normal life across Manipur to a standstill.
The blockade was spearheaded by the separatist Kuki State Demand Committee (KSDC).
In Kangpokpi, a stronghold of the Kukis, public transport system was badly hit.
“Such shutdowns create many problems. I am a teacher and have to go to work but I am getting late as I have to stand in queue outside a petrol pump. It affects my work,” said Loitongbam Ramchandra Singh, a local resident.
Many people, like the team of 30th National Junior soft-ball championship players, faced problems in commuting from Dimapur to Imphal. The security forces later escorted the team to Imphal.
“We have been sitting in the bus since yesterday. We are facing many problems. We have not eaten properly and have not had a bath. We hoped that we would reach early and practice, but we are facing many problems,” said Suchilda Pataik, a championship official.
Manipur has already suffered a lot due to blockades and strikes imposed by militant outfits. Those worse affected by such activities are the common people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!