Kuki blockade affects normal life in Manipur
Imphal: An indefinite blockade by Kukis recently brought normal life across Manipur to a standstill.
The blockade was spearheaded by the separatist Kuki State Demand Committee (KSDC).
In Kangpokpi, a stronghold of the Kukis, public transport system was badly hit.
“Such shutdowns create many problems. I am a teacher and have to go to work but I am getting late as I have to stand in queue outside a petrol pump. It affects my work,” said Loitongbam Ramchandra Singh, a local resident.
Many people, like the team of 30th National Junior soft-ball championship players, faced problems in commuting from Dimapur to Imphal. The security forces later escorted the team to Imphal.
“We have been sitting in the bus since yesterday. We are facing many problems. We have not eaten properly and have not had a bath. We hoped that we would reach early and practice, but we are facing many problems,” said Suchilda Pataik, a championship official.
Manipur has already suffered a lot due to blockades and strikes imposed by militant outfits. Those worse affected by such activities are the common people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you