Kuki blockade affects normal life in Manipur
Imphal: An indefinite blockade by Kukis recently brought normal life across Manipur to a standstill.
The blockade was spearheaded by the separatist Kuki State Demand Committee (KSDC).
In Kangpokpi, a stronghold of the Kukis, public transport system was badly hit.
“Such shutdowns create many problems. I am a teacher and have to go to work but I am getting late as I have to stand in queue outside a petrol pump. It affects my work,” said Loitongbam Ramchandra Singh, a local resident.
Many people, like the team of 30th National Junior soft-ball championship players, faced problems in commuting from Dimapur to Imphal. The security forces later escorted the team to Imphal.
“We have been sitting in the bus since yesterday. We are facing many problems. We have not eaten properly and have not had a bath. We hoped that we would reach early and practice, but we are facing many problems,” said Suchilda Pataik, a championship official.
Manipur has already suffered a lot due to blockades and strikes imposed by militant outfits. Those worse affected by such activities are the common people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble