Kulbir Kishan to be new Meghalaya DGP
Shillong: Senior IPS officer Kulbir Kishan has been appointed as Meghalaya`s new Director General of Police by the state government, official sources said on Friday.
Appointment of Kishan has paved the way for incumbent acting DGP Rajiv Mehta to take over as director general of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
Kishan, a 1976 batch Assam-Meghalaya cadre, and currently holding charge as Director General (Prisons), is expected to take over the charge from tomorrow, they said.
"I am yet to get the appointment letter officially but it is almost certain at this point," Kishan told a news agency.
The appointment which was due since November 01 after the retirement of N Ramachandran on October 31, was delayed as the government was scouting for the most efficient officer in the force.
The State Security Commission which met on October 18 had shortlisted five senior most IPS officers - Kulbir Kishan, Subhash Goswami and Prem Singh (both 1977 batch), B Kezo (1978 batch) and DK Pathak (1979 batch).
Of them, Prem Singh had officially intimated to the government of his inability to be the next DGP citing his favour for a central deputation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- CIL strike: Government open to discussions, says Power Minister
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Government may advance Parliament session to get GST laws approved
- Terrorist Burhan Wani's father stayed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living ashram for 2 days? Here is why