Kulbir Kishan to be new Meghalaya DGP
Shillong: Senior IPS officer Kulbir Kishan has been appointed as Meghalaya`s new Director General of Police by the state government, official sources said on Friday.
Appointment of Kishan has paved the way for incumbent acting DGP Rajiv Mehta to take over as director general of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
Kishan, a 1976 batch Assam-Meghalaya cadre, and currently holding charge as Director General (Prisons), is expected to take over the charge from tomorrow, they said.
"I am yet to get the appointment letter officially but it is almost certain at this point," Kishan told a news agency.
The appointment which was due since November 01 after the retirement of N Ramachandran on October 31, was delayed as the government was scouting for the most efficient officer in the force.
The State Security Commission which met on October 18 had shortlisted five senior most IPS officers - Kulbir Kishan, Subhash Goswami and Prem Singh (both 1977 batch), B Kezo (1978 batch) and DK Pathak (1979 batch).
Of them, Prem Singh had officially intimated to the government of his inability to be the next DGP citing his favour for a central deputation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?