Kulbir Kishan to be new Meghalaya DGP
Shillong: Senior IPS officer Kulbir Kishan has been appointed as Meghalaya`s new Director General of Police by the state government, official sources said on Friday.
Appointment of Kishan has paved the way for incumbent acting DGP Rajiv Mehta to take over as director general of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
Kishan, a 1976 batch Assam-Meghalaya cadre, and currently holding charge as Director General (Prisons), is expected to take over the charge from tomorrow, they said.
"I am yet to get the appointment letter officially but it is almost certain at this point," Kishan told a news agency.
The appointment which was due since November 01 after the retirement of N Ramachandran on October 31, was delayed as the government was scouting for the most efficient officer in the force.
The State Security Commission which met on October 18 had shortlisted five senior most IPS officers - Kulbir Kishan, Subhash Goswami and Prem Singh (both 1977 batch), B Kezo (1978 batch) and DK Pathak (1979 batch).
Of them, Prem Singh had officially intimated to the government of his inability to be the next DGP citing his favour for a central deputation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog