Labourers injured in group clash
Guwahati: At least five labourers were
injured in a clash and subsequent police firing to quell them
at Assam Gas Cracker and Petrochemicals project in Dibrugarh
district on Tuesday.
The clash broke out between local labourers and those
from outside the state following an altercation, police said.
The police rushed to the spot and tried to bring the
situation under control by first resorting to lathicharge and
then tear-gassing. When both measures failed to quell the mob
the police blankfired.
The situation was brought under control after it and the
five persons were injured in the incident and have been
admitted to Assam Medical College Hospital.
Additional police forces have been posted at the project
site, where tension prevails, the sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill