Labourers injured in group clash
Guwahati: At least five labourers were
injured in a clash and subsequent police firing to quell them
at Assam Gas Cracker and Petrochemicals project in Dibrugarh
district on Tuesday.
The clash broke out between local labourers and those
from outside the state following an altercation, police said.
The police rushed to the spot and tried to bring the
situation under control by first resorting to lathicharge and
then tear-gassing. When both measures failed to quell the mob
the police blankfired.
The situation was brought under control after it and the
five persons were injured in the incident and have been
admitted to Assam Medical College Hospital.
Additional police forces have been posted at the project
site, where tension prevails, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted