Labourers injured in group clash
Guwahati: At least five labourers were
injured in a clash and subsequent police firing to quell them
at Assam Gas Cracker and Petrochemicals project in Dibrugarh
district on Tuesday.
The clash broke out between local labourers and those
from outside the state following an altercation, police said.
The police rushed to the spot and tried to bring the
situation under control by first resorting to lathicharge and
then tear-gassing. When both measures failed to quell the mob
the police blankfired.
The situation was brought under control after it and the
five persons were injured in the incident and have been
admitted to Assam Medical College Hospital.
Additional police forces have been posted at the project
site, where tension prevails, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video