Labourers injured in group clash
Guwahati: At least five labourers were
injured in a clash and subsequent police firing to quell them
at Assam Gas Cracker and Petrochemicals project in Dibrugarh
district on Tuesday.
The clash broke out between local labourers and those
from outside the state following an altercation, police said.
The police rushed to the spot and tried to bring the
situation under control by first resorting to lathicharge and
then tear-gassing. When both measures failed to quell the mob
the police blankfired.
The situation was brought under control after it and the
five persons were injured in the incident and have been
admitted to Assam Medical College Hospital.
Additional police forces have been posted at the project
site, where tension prevails, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers