Lal Thanhawla elected CLP leader in Mizoram
Aizawl: The Mizoram Congress Legislature Party (CLP) on Wednesday formally elected Lal Thanhawla as its leader paving the way for his becoming the state chief minister for the fifth time.
Lalrinmawia Ralte a Congress legislator said that the election of Lal Thanhawla at the Congress Bhavan here as the CLP leader was unanimous.
At meeting, the CLP also elected Home Minister R Lalzirliana who is the Vice President of the state PCC, as Deputy Leader and Sports Minister Zodintluanga as Treasurer.
Lal Thanhawla, who was chief minister in the outgoing ministry, will hold the post for the second consecutive term.
He has been elected to the Mizoram assembly for the ninth time since 1978.
Meanwhile, the state Protocol department officials said that the swearing-in ceremony of the new government led by Lal Thanhawla would be held at the Raj Bhavan at 11 am on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab