Lal Thanhawla elected CLP leader in Mizoram
Aizawl: The Mizoram Congress Legislature Party (CLP) on Wednesday formally elected Lal Thanhawla as its leader paving the way for his becoming the state chief minister for the fifth time.
Lalrinmawia Ralte a Congress legislator said that the election of Lal Thanhawla at the Congress Bhavan here as the CLP leader was unanimous.
At meeting, the CLP also elected Home Minister R Lalzirliana who is the Vice President of the state PCC, as Deputy Leader and Sports Minister Zodintluanga as Treasurer.
Lal Thanhawla, who was chief minister in the outgoing ministry, will hold the post for the second consecutive term.
He has been elected to the Mizoram assembly for the ninth time since 1978.
Meanwhile, the state Protocol department officials said that the swearing-in ceremony of the new government led by Lal Thanhawla would be held at the Raj Bhavan at 11 am on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter