Lal Thanhawla relected MPCC chief
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal
Thanhawla was re-elected president of the Mizoram Pradesh
Congress Committee (MPCC) unopposed at the general assembly of
the party held here today.
State Home Minster R. Lalzirliana and Agriculture
Minister H Liansailova were also re-elected unopposed as Vice
President and Treasurer of the state PCC.
The party also elected 40 executive members out of
which seven seats were reserved for women after Lal Thanhawla
downsized the number of executive members from 100 to 40.
There were 89 male and 12 female contestants for the
executive member posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport