Lal Thanhawla relected MPCC chief
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal
Thanhawla was re-elected president of the Mizoram Pradesh
Congress Committee (MPCC) unopposed at the general assembly of
the party held here today.
State Home Minster R. Lalzirliana and Agriculture
Minister H Liansailova were also re-elected unopposed as Vice
President and Treasurer of the state PCC.
The party also elected 40 executive members out of
which seven seats were reserved for women after Lal Thanhawla
downsized the number of executive members from 100 to 40.
There were 89 male and 12 female contestants for the
executive member posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi