Lal Thanhawla relected MPCC chief
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal
Thanhawla was re-elected president of the Mizoram Pradesh
Congress Committee (MPCC) unopposed at the general assembly of
the party held here today.
State home minster R. Lalzirliana and Agriculture
Minister H Liansailova were also re-elected unopposed as Vice
President and Treasurer of the state PCC.
The party also elected 40 executive members out of
which seven seats were reserved for women after Lal Thanhawla
downsized the number of executive members from 100 to 40.
There were 89 male and 12 female contestants for the
executive member posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price