Lalthanhawla calls for swift justice in crime against women
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Friday said that swift delivery of justice to the perpetrators of crime against woman was the need of the hour and delayed justice could encourage commission of this horrible crime.
Addressing the seminar on `Rape and Human Trafficking` jointly organised at the Aijal Club here by the State Commission for Women and the National Commission for Women, Lal Thanhawla lamented that there was high pendency of rape cases in the state and the increase in rape of minors have become alarming.
He said that many rape cases, especially in the rural areas, remained unreported and those reported were also not being pursued satisfactorily by the law enforcement agencies.
The seminar was attended among others by Wansuk Syiem, member of the National Commission for Women in charge of the north east.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Naseeruddin Shah apologises for his remarks on Rajesh Khanna, daughter Twinkle thanks supporters
- Honour killing in Kairana: Youth shot at by father-in-law in for marrying girl against parents' choice
- BCCI to meet today to discuss SC verdict on Lodha panel's report
- JuD medical team to apply for Indian visa to travel to Kashmir
- Check out! Katrina Kaif's realistic take on friendships in Bollywood