Lalthanhawla calls for swift justice in crime against women
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Friday said that swift delivery of justice to the perpetrators of crime against woman was the need of the hour and delayed justice could encourage commission of this horrible crime.
Addressing the seminar on `Rape and Human Trafficking` jointly organised at the Aijal Club here by the State Commission for Women and the National Commission for Women, Lal Thanhawla lamented that there was high pendency of rape cases in the state and the increase in rape of minors have become alarming.
He said that many rape cases, especially in the rural areas, remained unreported and those reported were also not being pursued satisfactorily by the law enforcement agencies.
The seminar was attended among others by Wansuk Syiem, member of the National Commission for Women in charge of the north east.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway