Lalthanhawla calls for swift justice in crime against women
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Friday said that swift delivery of justice to the perpetrators of crime against woman was the need of the hour and delayed justice could encourage commission of this horrible crime.
Addressing the seminar on `Rape and Human Trafficking` jointly organised at the Aijal Club here by the State Commission for Women and the National Commission for Women, Lal Thanhawla lamented that there was high pendency of rape cases in the state and the increase in rape of minors have become alarming.
He said that many rape cases, especially in the rural areas, remained unreported and those reported were also not being pursued satisfactorily by the law enforcement agencies.
The seminar was attended among others by Wansuk Syiem, member of the National Commission for Women in charge of the north east.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand