Lalvenhima Hmar is MNF candidate in bypoll
Aizawl: Mizo National Front (MNF), the main opposition party in Mizoram, on Wednesday said that Lalvenhima Hmar would be their candidate for the bypoll to Chalfilh assembly seat to be held on February 23.
Lalvenhima Hmar had contested from the constituency in the 2008 assembly polls and lost to Chawngtinthanga of the Congress by a margin of 543 votes.
Chawngtinthanga secured 4,924 votes while Hmar secured 4,381 votes out of the 13,207 votes polled with seven candidates in the fray.
The then MNF candidate J C Chhuanliana managed to bag 3,352 votes and stood third in the contest.
Hmar contested the 2008 elections as Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC) candidate and later joined People`s Conference (PC) party, the breakaway group of MPC which merged with MNF last year.
With the announcement of candidate by the MNF, all the major political parties in the state, excepting the ruling Congress, have announced their official nominees for the coming by-poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack