Land for families who gave land for Indo-Bangla border fencing
Silchar: Altogether 178 families, who lost their land due to fencing along the Indo-Bangladesh border, would be distributed land in Cachar district of Assam.
A total of 89 bighas of land will be distributed among the families and the process of distribution has already started, official sources said here on Tuesday.
The families, residents along the Surama river, became landless due to fencing work in Katigorah area and their land was given the status of ‘no mans land’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday