Landslides after heavy pre-monsoon rain in Mizoram
Aizawl: A large number of villages in Mizoram have become inaccessible after landslides, triggered by heavy and incessant pre-monsoon rains that have been lashing the state since Saturday, have blocked the roads, official sources said on Wednesday.
The landslides blocked the Champai road in Saiha district which connects the capital town with the Mizoram-Myanmar border. Kolasib district was the worst hit with 100 houses damaged and four injured.
Power supply was disrupted in many places due to lightning and damage to electric cables, while broadband internet services and mobile services were constantly disrupted.
Some newspapers were off the streets due to frequent powercuts in Aizawl city, while Mamit district was without power since Monday.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Bollywood 2016: Sexiest posters of the year so far
- Eat these superfoods for healthy stomach!
- Delhi Police recovers precious dagger stolen from Nehru Museum, arrests 2
- When Subramanian Swamy provoked Congress leaders with 'Italian Constitution' jibe
- Meldonium count in Maria Sharapova's blood sample exceeds permissible levels: Russian Sports Minister