Landslides after heavy pre-monsoon rain in Mizoram
Aizawl: A large number of villages in Mizoram have become inaccessible after landslides, triggered by heavy and incessant pre-monsoon rains that have been lashing the state since Saturday, have blocked the roads, official sources said on Wednesday.
The landslides blocked the Champai road in Saiha district which connects the capital town with the Mizoram-Myanmar border. Kolasib district was the worst hit with 100 houses damaged and four injured.
Power supply was disrupted in many places due to lightning and damage to electric cables, while broadband internet services and mobile services were constantly disrupted.
Some newspapers were off the streets due to frequent powercuts in Aizawl city, while Mamit district was without power since Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price