Landslides after heavy pre-monsoon rain in Mizoram
Aizawl: A large number of villages in Mizoram have become inaccessible after landslides, triggered by heavy and incessant pre-monsoon rains that have been lashing the state since Saturday, have blocked the roads, official sources said on Wednesday.
The landslides blocked the Champai road in Saiha district which connects the capital town with the Mizoram-Myanmar border. Kolasib district was the worst hit with 100 houses damaged and four injured.
Power supply was disrupted in many places due to lightning and damage to electric cables, while broadband internet services and mobile services were constantly disrupted.
Some newspapers were off the streets due to frequent powercuts in Aizawl city, while Mamit district was without power since Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?