Landslides after heavy pre-monsoon rain in Mizoram
Aizawl: A large number of villages in Mizoram have become inaccessible after landslides, triggered by heavy and incessant pre-monsoon rains that have been lashing the state since Saturday, have blocked the roads, official sources said on Wednesday.
The landslides blocked the Champai road in Saiha district which connects the capital town with the Mizoram-Myanmar border. Kolasib district was the worst hit with 100 houses damaged and four injured.
Power supply was disrupted in many places due to lightning and damage to electric cables, while broadband internet services and mobile services were constantly disrupted.
Some newspapers were off the streets due to frequent powercuts in Aizawl city, while Mamit district was without power since Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days