Landslides block roads in Sikkim
Gangtok: Landslides triggered by heavy rains have blocked roads near Lachen in North Sikkim, official sources said on Thursday.
About half a km ahead of Lachen at Suphu Chu a landslide at 1 am cut off the road connection, the sources said.
Another landslide at Menchekyong which is 1 km from Lachen on the way to Thangu has blocked the road here, they said.
A third landslide at Zema I, which is 2 km from Lachen has also been reported. Official sources said that it might take another 2-3 days for army personnel to clear the roads.
A landslide had also blocked the road between Chungthang and Lachung at Khedung, however, traffic on this road is likely to resume by tomorrow, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India