Landslides block roads in Sikkim
Gangtok: Landslides triggered by heavy rains have blocked roads near Lachen in North Sikkim, official sources said on Thursday.
About half a km ahead of Lachen at Suphu Chu a landslide at 1 am cut off the road connection, the sources said.
Another landslide at Menchekyong which is 1 km from Lachen on the way to Thangu has blocked the road here, they said.
A third landslide at Zema I, which is 2 km from Lachen has also been reported. Official sources said that it might take another 2-3 days for army personnel to clear the roads.
A landslide had also blocked the road between Chungthang and Lachung at Khedung, however, traffic on this road is likely to resume by tomorrow, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof