Landslides cut off water supply in Arunachal
Itanagar: Landslides triggered by incessant rain over the past three days have snapped water supply in Arunachal Pradesh`s capital and disrupted surface communication in the land locked state.
Drinking water supply to Itanagar and its adjoining areas has been disrupted since Monday night following damage caused to the 450mm diameter main supply line connecting Poma water treatment plant (WTP).
Though repair work has been started after assessing the damage, continuous downpour is hampering restoration work, PHED engineer Tamchi Syam said here today.
Restoration work could take two to three days, the department said and appealed to the consumers to bear with the inconvenience caused to them.
Meanwhile, massive landslides at Hoj area blocked the Doimukh-Potin road disrupting communication between Itanagar and Ziro.
According to official reports, a portion of the road was blocked between Hara Hapa and Hoj villages.
The report also said that it may take several days to clear the road for public use.
Officials of T K Engineering Company, which is constructing the Doimukh-Potin Trans-Arunachal highway project, have appealed to the public to avoid travelling through this stretch of road till it is reopened for use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam