Landslides disrupt vehicular movement on NH-29 in Nagaland
Kohima: A large number of vehicles were stranded on National Highway-29 near Phesama village in Nagaland following landslides triggered by rain, official sources said on Saturday.
The highway connecting Nagaland and Manipur was badly damaged along a 200m stretch in rains last night, Commanding Officer of Border Roads Organisation, Kohima, Col Tejpal Singh, said.
The 15 Border Road Task Force worked hard to clear the road for passage of only light vehicles this afternoon.
The landslide also affected around 40-50 paddy fields situated below the road, President of Southern Angami Youth Organisation (SAYO), Kekhruhol Mekro, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31