Landslides disrupt vehicular movement on NH-29
Kohima: A large number of vehicles were stranded on National Highway-29 near Phesama village in Nagaland following landslides triggered by rain, official sources said on Saturday.
The highway connecting Nagaland and Manipur was badly damaged along a 200m stretch in rains last night, Commanding Officer of Border Roads Organisation, Kohima, Col Tejpal Singh, said.
The 15 Border Road Task Force worked hard to clear the road for passage of only light vehicles this afternoon.
The landslide also affected around 40-50 paddy fields situated below the road, President of Southern Angami Youth Organisation (SAYO), Kekhruhol Mekro, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!