Landslides disrupt vehicular movement on NH-29
Kohima: A large number of vehicles were stranded on National Highway-29 near Phesama village in Nagaland following landslides triggered by rain, official sources said on Saturday.
The highway connecting Nagaland and Manipur was badly damaged along a 200m stretch in rains last night, Commanding Officer of Border Roads Organisation, Kohima, Col Tejpal Singh, said.
The 15 Border Road Task Force worked hard to clear the road for passage of only light vehicles this afternoon.
The landslide also affected around 40-50 paddy fields situated below the road, President of Southern Angami Youth Organisation (SAYO), Kekhruhol Mekro, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy