Landslides disrupt vehicular movement on NH-29
Kohima: A large number of vehicles were stranded on National Highway-29 near Phesama village in Nagaland following landslides triggered by rain, official sources said on Saturday.
The highway connecting Nagaland and Manipur was badly damaged along a 200m stretch in rains last night, Commanding Officer of Border Roads Organisation, Kohima, Col Tejpal Singh, said.
The 15 Border Road Task Force worked hard to clear the road for passage of only light vehicles this afternoon.
The landslide also affected around 40-50 paddy fields situated below the road, President of Southern Angami Youth Organisation (SAYO), Kekhruhol Mekro, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details