Landslides disrupt vehicular movement on NH-29
Kohima: A large number of vehicles were stranded on National Highway-29 near Phesama village in Nagaland following landslides triggered by rain, official sources said on Saturday.
The highway connecting Nagaland and Manipur was badly damaged along a 200m stretch in rains last night, Commanding Officer of Border Roads Organisation, Kohima, Col Tejpal Singh, said.
The 15 Border Road Task Force worked hard to clear the road for passage of only light vehicles this afternoon.
The landslide also affected around 40-50 paddy fields situated below the road, President of Southern Angami Youth Organisation (SAYO), Kekhruhol Mekro, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed