Langpih panel concludes Shillong hearing
Shillong: The Justice (retd) PC Phukon commission, probing the controversial Assam police firing of May 14, 2010 in the disputed Langpih area along the
Assam-Meghalaya border, on Saturday concluded its five-day sitting here during which 22 witnesses deposed before it.
On the last day of the hearing today, West Khasi Hills
deputy commissioner S Kharlyngdoh and the then superintendent of police M Kharkrang deposed before commission and they were cross-examined by Assam government lawyers Achintya Buzarbarua and Jyotismoi Roy.
"The commission disallowed submission of any document, written statement or affidavit as it had given a deadline of December 18, 2010 last year for the same. But the commission would allow oral submission, if any, from any group or individual during its next sitting in Guwahati," advocate Fenella Nonglait, representing the victims of the firing, said.
During the hearing, wives of the four victims of the firing, the 12 injured persons and four eye-witnesses besides the Meghalaya government officials appeared before the commission.
The next sitting of the commission would be held in Guwahati during which witnesses from Assam side are expected to be called.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday