Last rites of Dorjee Khandu at Gyangkhar village in Tawang district
Itanagar: The last rites of Arunchal Pradesh
Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu will be performed in his native
village, Gyangkhar, in Tawang district as per Monpa Buddhist
According to traditional practice, lamas usually
prescribe the procedures for the last rites on the basis of
good or bad deeds of a deceased, a close aide of Khandu and
Sahitya Akademi awardee Yeshi Dorjee Thongchi, said.
"The late chief minister was against the Monpa practice
of throwing a body into the river as he was a great advocate
of clean and green environment," Thongchi said.
A final decision, however, would be taken by the family
members after consultation with Buddhist lamas, he said.
"The lamas will study scriptures before announcing the
rituals and time, date and day for the last rites," Thongchi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands