Last rites of Dorjee Khandu at Gyangkhar village in Tawang district
Itanagar: The last rites of Arunchal Pradesh
Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu will be performed in his native
village, Gyangkhar, in Tawang district as per Monpa Buddhist
According to traditional practice, lamas usually
prescribe the procedures for the last rites on the basis of
good or bad deeds of a deceased, a close aide of Khandu and
Sahitya Akademi awardee Yeshi Dorjee Thongchi, said.
"The late chief minister was against the Monpa practice
of throwing a body into the river as he was a great advocate
of clean and green environment," Thongchi said.
A final decision, however, would be taken by the family
members after consultation with Buddhist lamas, he said.
"The lamas will study scriptures before announcing the
rituals and time, date and day for the last rites," Thongchi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145