Law of the land will prevail: Arunachal CM
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh government on Wednesday reiterated its commitment to not tolerate any sort of criminal activities or spare any criminal irrespective of his or her background, position or connections.
"At all cost, law of the land will prevail. I hereby send a warning bell to all those anti-social elements not to disturb the sanctity of peace and harmony or disturb the balance of law and order. You will be outnumbered by law abiding citizens and there would be no place on this earth for you," Chief Minister Nabam Tuki announced in his address on the occasion of 66th Independence Day.
Describing Arunachal Pradesh an island of peace, Tuki advocated that the rule of law must prevail and it is the responsibility of the state government to ensure safety and security to its people and their properties.
Taking serious exception to the frequent bandh calls in the state, he said that people have right to protest in a democracy but no right to curtail the right of other citizens.
Such dissents could be solved across the table through discussions, he said and called upon the people to stand united against such challenges.
After unfurling the tri-colour at Indira Gandhi Park here, the chief minister announced a slew of developmental activities including sports policy with provision of cash award for Olympic qualifier and medallists, metro cable car in capital and fly-overs and sky walks in selected locations proposed, converting bitumen roads to CC ones in phased manner for durability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read