Lecturer held for links with ULFA
Nalbari: A lecturer of a local college was arrested today for alleged links with the banned ULFA.
Biren Chakravarty was arrested from his residence at
Shantipur in the early hours and two grenades and some
explosives were recovered, police said.
Chakravarty, also a district level member of Opposition
Asom Gana Parishad, is the head of economics department of the
He was later produced in the court of the chief judicial magistrate who remanded him in six days of police custody. The arrest was opposed by the students of the college who gheraoed Nalbari police station and blocked traffic for 30 minutes.
They also submitted a memorandum to the district superintendent of police alleging political conspiracy and demanding immediate release of the lecturer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside