Left front called band cripples normal life in Tripura
Agartala: Normal life was crippled in Tripura in response to the dawn-to-dusk bandh called by the ruling Left Front to protest the diesel price hike and other recent economic decisions of the Central government, including FDI in multi-brand retail.
Shutters of shops were down as markets remained closed and vehicles remained off the roads.
Schools, colleges and educational institutions were closed and no attendance was registered in government offices including Civil Secretariat, officials said.
Train services were affected due to picketing at the railway stations by the activists and supporters of ruling CPI-M, the sources said.
However, airport functioned normally and plane services were not affected, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!