Left front called band cripples normal life in Tripura
Agartala: Normal life was crippled in Tripura in response to the dawn-to-dusk bandh called by the ruling Left Front to protest the diesel price hike and other recent economic decisions of the Central government, including FDI in multi-brand retail.
Shutters of shops were down as markets remained closed and vehicles remained off the roads.
Schools, colleges and educational institutions were closed and no attendance was registered in government offices including Civil Secretariat, officials said.
Train services were affected due to picketing at the railway stations by the activists and supporters of ruling CPI-M, the sources said.
However, airport functioned normally and plane services were not affected, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Will look beyond India if blockade doesn't end: Nepal