Left Front to elect Manik Sarkar as Tripura CM on March 4
Agartala: The newly-elected legislators of the Left Front, which won the Tripura polls by three-fourths majority, will meet this Monday to formally elect Manik Sarkar as the Chief Minister.
The decision was taken in the meeting of the Left Front Committee held here Friday, MP and party chairman Khagen Das said.
CPI-M party secretary Bijan Dhar said the incumbent Manik Sarkar will remain the CM of the seventh Left Front government.
Das said the MLAs will take the oath of office and secrecy on March 6 at the Raj Bhavan and the LF will organise its victory rally here on March 7.
All prominent leaders of the LF from outside, who had participated in the campaign, will be invited in the rally.
The LF has stormed back to power for the fifth consecutive term since 1993, bagging 50 out of the 60 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das