Left Front to elect Manik Sarkar as Tripura CM on March 4
Agartala: The newly-elected legislators of the Left Front, which won the Tripura polls by three-fourths majority, will meet this Monday to formally elect Manik Sarkar as the Chief Minister.
The decision was taken in the meeting of the Left Front Committee held here Friday, MP and party chairman Khagen Das said.
CPI-M party secretary Bijan Dhar said the incumbent Manik Sarkar will remain the CM of the seventh Left Front government.
Das said the MLAs will take the oath of office and secrecy on March 6 at the Raj Bhavan and the LF will organise its victory rally here on March 7.
All prominent leaders of the LF from outside, who had participated in the campaign, will be invited in the rally.
The LF has stormed back to power for the fifth consecutive term since 1993, bagging 50 out of the 60 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’