Left Front to elect Manik Sarkar as Tripura CM on March 4
Agartala: The newly-elected legislators of the Left Front, which won the Tripura polls by three-fourths majority, will meet this Monday to formally elect Manik Sarkar as the Chief Minister.
The decision was taken in the meeting of the Left Front Committee held here Friday, MP and party chairman Khagen Das said.
CPI-M party secretary Bijan Dhar said the incumbent Manik Sarkar will remain the CM of the seventh Left Front government.
Das said the MLAs will take the oath of office and secrecy on March 6 at the Raj Bhavan and the LF will organise its victory rally here on March 7.
All prominent leaders of the LF from outside, who had participated in the campaign, will be invited in the rally.
The LF has stormed back to power for the fifth consecutive term since 1993, bagging 50 out of the 60 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Left, JD(U) leaders to visit Una today
- BJP hits back at Pakistan, says talks with Islamabad only on terrorism issue and not on Kashmir
- Sensex ends 93 points up on earnings lift, fund inflows
- Vaccinated and Ready: IOC special invitee Sachin Tendulkar to support India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Rupee hits 1-week high of 67.08 vs USD, gains 9 paise