LF govt to regularise services of 1753 employees
Agartala: Left Front government in Tripura has decided to regularise the services of 1753 irregular employees and appoint 239 new employees ahead of the state assembly elections due in February.
Tripura Finance Minister Badal Chowdhury said the decision was taken in the meeting of the council of Ministers yesterday.
Workers who were appointed on or before March 31, 2003 as irregular employees would be absorbed as regular employees on completion of 10 years of service.
Chowdhury said, the state government would have to incur additional Rs 9.8 crore per annum to provide them salaries and other allowances.
He said, the government has also decided to appoint 239 employees including 76 sub-inspectors in state police.
Chowdhury said, state`s renowned Gymnast, Banashree Debnath who owned 14 gold medals and eight silver medals in various national meets would be offered a government job of Junior Physical Instructor as mark of recognition for her contribution in the field of sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi