LF govt to regularise services of 1753 employees
Agartala: Left Front government in Tripura has decided to regularise the services of 1753 irregular employees and appoint 239 new employees ahead of the state assembly elections due in February.
Tripura Finance Minister Badal Chowdhury said the decision was taken in the meeting of the council of Ministers yesterday.
Workers who were appointed on or before March 31, 2003 as irregular employees would be absorbed as regular employees on completion of 10 years of service.
Chowdhury said, the state government would have to incur additional Rs 9.8 crore per annum to provide them salaries and other allowances.
He said, the government has also decided to appoint 239 employees including 76 sub-inspectors in state police.
Chowdhury said, state`s renowned Gymnast, Banashree Debnath who owned 14 gold medals and eight silver medals in various national meets would be offered a government job of Junior Physical Instructor as mark of recognition for her contribution in the field of sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai