Longest bridge inaugurated in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: After dedicating the longest steel bridge over Pare river at Deb village in Papum Pare district on Saturday, Chief Minister Nabam Tuki urged the people and the officers to tighten their belt to welcome the new phases of development being facilitated by the Centre.
"Arunachal Pradesh will soon enter a new phase for embracing a better tomorrow," he said while citing the nature’s fury the state confronted because of monsoon onslaught.
"That does not mean that we should accept but get prepared to make it a part of life and proceed ahead with full preparedness to tackle such disasters", he said.
Putting at rest the concern that the 75m steel bridge with RCC decking would collapse for not being built as per specifications, he said that the engineers have zealously followed the technical specifications and there should be no fear from any quarters about the longevity of the bridge.
Appreciating the PWD engineers and the contractors for beating time and completing it within 18 months against 24 months’ target, the chief minister said that the engineering marvel is for others to emulate. He announced state award for the deserving ones as a gesture of the state government.
Pointing out that roads hold key to development in a land-locked state, he referred to the ongoing ambitious Trans-Arunachal Highway (TAH) that will change the face of the state by creating multi faceted opportunities by promoting tourism, industries, agri-horti and allied sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon