Longest bridge inaugurated in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: After dedicating the longest steel bridge over Pare river at Deb village in Papum Pare district on Saturday, Chief Minister Nabam Tuki urged the people and the officers to tighten their belt to welcome the new phases of development being facilitated by the Centre.
"Arunachal Pradesh will soon enter a new phase for embracing a better tomorrow," he said while citing the nature’s fury the state confronted because of monsoon onslaught.
"That does not mean that we should accept but get prepared to make it a part of life and proceed ahead with full preparedness to tackle such disasters", he said.
Putting at rest the concern that the 75m steel bridge with RCC decking would collapse for not being built as per specifications, he said that the engineers have zealously followed the technical specifications and there should be no fear from any quarters about the longevity of the bridge.
Appreciating the PWD engineers and the contractors for beating time and completing it within 18 months against 24 months’ target, the chief minister said that the engineering marvel is for others to emulate. He announced state award for the deserving ones as a gesture of the state government.
Pointing out that roads hold key to development in a land-locked state, he referred to the ongoing ambitious Trans-Arunachal Highway (TAH) that will change the face of the state by creating multi faceted opportunities by promoting tourism, industries, agri-horti and allied sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM