Longest bridge inaugurated in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: After dedicating the longest steel bridge over Pare river at Deb village in Papum Pare district on Saturday, Chief Minister Nabam Tuki urged the people and the officers to tighten their belt to welcome the new phases of development being facilitated by the Centre.
"Arunachal Pradesh will soon enter a new phase for embracing a better tomorrow," he said while citing the nature’s fury the state confronted because of monsoon onslaught.
"That does not mean that we should accept but get prepared to make it a part of life and proceed ahead with full preparedness to tackle such disasters", he said.
Putting at rest the concern that the 75m steel bridge with RCC decking would collapse for not being built as per specifications, he said that the engineers have zealously followed the technical specifications and there should be no fear from any quarters about the longevity of the bridge.
Appreciating the PWD engineers and the contractors for beating time and completing it within 18 months against 24 months’ target, the chief minister said that the engineering marvel is for others to emulate. He announced state award for the deserving ones as a gesture of the state government.
Pointing out that roads hold key to development in a land-locked state, he referred to the ongoing ambitious Trans-Arunachal Highway (TAH) that will change the face of the state by creating multi faceted opportunities by promoting tourism, industries, agri-horti and allied sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony