Longest-serving prisoner freed in Manipur
Imphal: A prisoner, who spent 30 years in Manipur`s Sajiwa jail, has been set free by the Sessions Judge (Imphal east district).
Now 73 years old and mentally unstable, Saikhom Ramo Singh of Khurai Sajor Leikai in Imphal east district was arrested on the charge of killing his mother on October 7, 1982, official sources said.
Initially he was put in Manipur Central Jail in the heart of the town and later transferred to Sajiwa jail in the outskirts.
His younger brother and grand nephews received Ramo Singh on his release last evening, his family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?