Low intensity earthquake hits Mizoram, north-east India
Shillong: A low intensity earthquake rocked Mizoram`s Champhai district on Friday in the afternoon, an official said.
The earthquake of 4 magnitude on the Richter scale shook the entire region at around 12:30pm and lasted for a few seconds, a Regional Seismological Centre official here told.
The epi-centre of the earthquake was located 10-km deep under the earth`s crust in Champai area and was felt in almost all parts of north eastern states, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you