Low intensity earthquake hits Mizoram, north-east India
Shillong: A low intensity earthquake rocked Mizoram`s Champhai district on Friday in the afternoon, an official said.
The earthquake of 4 magnitude on the Richter scale shook the entire region at around 12:30pm and lasted for a few seconds, a Regional Seismological Centre official here told.
The epi-centre of the earthquake was located 10-km deep under the earth`s crust in Champai area and was felt in almost all parts of north eastern states, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt