Low intensity earthquake hits Mizoram, north-east India
Shillong: A low intensity earthquake rocked Mizoram`s Champhai district on Friday in the afternoon, an official said.
The earthquake of 4 magnitude on the Richter scale shook the entire region at around 12:30pm and lasted for a few seconds, a Regional Seismological Centre official here told.
The epi-centre of the earthquake was located 10-km deep under the earth`s crust in Champai area and was felt in almost all parts of north eastern states, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan