Low intensity earthquake hits Mizoram, north-east India
Shillong: A low intensity earthquake rocked Mizoram`s Champhai district on Friday in the afternoon, an official said.
The earthquake of 4 magnitude on the Richter scale shook the entire region at around 12:30pm and lasted for a few seconds, a Regional Seismological Centre official here told.
The epi-centre of the earthquake was located 10-km deep under the earth`s crust in Champai area and was felt in almost all parts of north eastern states, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- China tornado, hailstorm toll rises to 99, at least 840 injured
- David Headley liked Osama's theory on women!
- Modi's stern warning to tax evaders: Comply by Sept 30 or get ready to face harsh measures
- WATCH: ROCKSTAR! Virat Kohli steals the show in Premier Futsal League anthem
- IIFA 2016: Madrid applauds 'Best Actor' Ranveer Singh for 'Bajirao Mastani', actor feels grateful!