Low-intensity quake in northeast
Shillong: A slight intensity earthquake measuring 4.2 on the Richter scale shook India`s northeast late Thursday. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
The quake occurred around 11.57 pm.
According to the Regional Seismological Centre here, the epicentre was in Meghalaya`s West Khasi Hills district.
Besides Meghalaya and Assam, tremors were also felt in Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
India`s northeast is considered the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
A quake measuring 3.1 on the Richter scale with epicentre in Morigaon, Assam, was reported earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested