Low-intensity quake in northeast
Shillong: A slight intensity earthquake measuring 4.2 on the Richter scale shook India`s northeast late Thursday. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
The quake occurred around 11.57 pm.
According to the Regional Seismological Centre here, the epicentre was in Meghalaya`s West Khasi Hills district.
Besides Meghalaya and Assam, tremors were also felt in Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
India`s northeast is considered the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
A quake measuring 3.1 on the Richter scale with epicentre in Morigaon, Assam, was reported earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees