Low-intensity quake in northeast
Shillong: A slight intensity earthquake measuring 4.2 on the Richter scale shook India`s northeast late Thursday. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
The quake occurred around 11.57 pm.
According to the Regional Seismological Centre here, the epicentre was in Meghalaya`s West Khasi Hills district.
Besides Meghalaya and Assam, tremors were also felt in Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
India`s northeast is considered the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
A quake measuring 3.1 on the Richter scale with epicentre in Morigaon, Assam, was reported earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer