Low-intensity quake in northeast
Shillong: A slight intensity earthquake measuring 4.2 on the Richter scale shook India`s northeast late Thursday. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
The quake occurred around 11.57 pm.
According to the Regional Seismological Centre here, the epicentre was in Meghalaya`s West Khasi Hills district.
Besides Meghalaya and Assam, tremors were also felt in Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
India`s northeast is considered the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
A quake measuring 3.1 on the Richter scale with epicentre in Morigaon, Assam, was reported earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!