Low-intensity quake in northeast
Shillong: A slight intensity earthquake measuring 4.2 on the Richter scale shook India`s northeast late Thursday. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
The quake occurred around 11.57 pm.
According to the Regional Seismological Centre here, the epicentre was in Meghalaya`s West Khasi Hills district.
Besides Meghalaya and Assam, tremors were also felt in Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
India`s northeast is considered the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
A quake measuring 3.1 on the Richter scale with epicentre in Morigaon, Assam, was reported earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef