Mahanta assumes charge as Opposition leader in Assam Assembly
Guwahati: Former Assam Chief Minister
Prafulla Kumar Mahanta today formally took charge as leader of
the Opposition in the state Assembly.
Mahanta, who was elected unanimously, was handed over the
charge by the House secretary Gouranga Das at the Assembly
Later, Mahanta told reporters that he would work towards
the unity of the Opposition parties in the House to expose the
"misdeeds" of the ruling Congress.
The former chief minister was elected to the post after
AGP president Chandra Mohan Patowary resigned following the
party`s `one man-one post` policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter