Mahanta criticises Congress govt for Assam violence
Guwahati: AGP leader Prafulla Kumar Mahanta on Tuesday accused the Congress government in Assam of failing to protect the lives of innocent people which led to the killing of 22 persons by the NDFB.
"The state government failed totally to protect the lives of innocent people leading to the killing of 22 people by the NDFB," Mahanta who is the Leader of the Opposition said.
"Both the police and army failed to preempt the action and this is ultimately the failure of the government," Mahanta said.
Mahanta, a former chief minister said that during his tenure the intelligence network was very strong while the present government was a `total failure` in this.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'