Mahanta criticises Congress govt for Assam violence
Guwahati: AGP leader Prafulla Kumar Mahanta on Tuesday accused the Congress government in Assam of failing to protect the lives of innocent people which led to the killing of 22 persons by the NDFB.
"The state government failed totally to protect the lives of innocent people leading to the killing of 22 people by the NDFB," Mahanta who is the Leader of the Opposition said.
"Both the police and army failed to preempt the action and this is ultimately the failure of the government," Mahanta said.
Mahanta, a former chief minister said that during his tenure the intelligence network was very strong while the present government was a `total failure` in this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love