Mahanta criticises Congress govt for Assam violence
Guwahati: AGP leader Prafulla Kumar Mahanta on Tuesday accused the Congress government in Assam of failing to protect the lives of innocent people which led to the killing of 22 persons by the NDFB.
"The state government failed totally to protect the lives of innocent people leading to the killing of 22 people by the NDFB," Mahanta who is the Leader of the Opposition said.
"Both the police and army failed to preempt the action and this is ultimately the failure of the government," Mahanta said.
Mahanta, a former chief minister said that during his tenure the intelligence network was very strong while the present government was a `total failure` in this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!