Mahanta criticises Congress govt for Assam violence
Guwahati: AGP leader Prafulla Kumar Mahanta on Tuesday accused the Congress government in Assam of failing to protect the lives of innocent people which led to the killing of 22 persons by the NDFB.
"The state government failed totally to protect the lives of innocent people leading to the killing of 22 people by the NDFB," Mahanta who is the Leader of the Opposition said.
"Both the police and army failed to preempt the action and this is ultimately the failure of the government," Mahanta said.
Mahanta, a former chief minister said that during his tenure the intelligence network was very strong while the present government was a `total failure` in this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!