Mahanta to contest from two seats
Guwahati: Former Assam chief minister
Prafulla Kumar Mahanta will be AGP`s candidate from Samaguri
in addition to his home constituency of Barhampur.
Mahanta will be pitted against sitting MLA and
Minister for Forest and Tourism Rockybul Hussain at Samaguri,
from where he is contesting for the first time.
His name for the Barhampur seat, which he has been
representing since 1985, was announced earlier.
AGP president Chandramohan Patowary announced the
names of three other candidates - Mamoni Bora from Batadraba,
Dhrubajoyti Banikya from Abhyapuri South (SC) and Mukut Sarma
The main opposition party of the state has so far
announced the names 102 candidates and has left eight seats
for its allies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you