Mahanta to contest from two seats
Guwahati: Former Assam chief minister
Prafulla Kumar Mahanta will be AGP`s candidate from Samaguri
in addition to his home constituency of Barhampur.
Mahanta will be pitted against sitting MLA and
Minister for Forest and Tourism Rockybul Hussain at Samaguri,
from where he is contesting for the first time.
His name for the Barhampur seat, which he has been
representing since 1985, was announced earlier.
AGP president Chandramohan Patowary announced the
names of three other candidates - Mamoni Bora from Batadraba,
Dhrubajoyti Banikya from Abhyapuri South (SC) and Mukut Sarma
The main opposition party of the state has so far
announced the names 102 candidates and has left eight seats
for its allies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in