Mahanta to contest from two seats
Guwahati: Former Assam chief minister
Prafulla Kumar Mahanta will be AGP`s candidate from Samaguri
in addition to his home constituency of Barhampur.
Mahanta will be pitted against sitting MLA and
Minister for Forest and Tourism Rockybul Hussain at Samaguri,
from where he is contesting for the first time.
His name for the Barhampur seat, which he has been
representing since 1985, was announced earlier.
AGP president Chandramohan Patowary announced the
names of three other candidates - Mamoni Bora from Batadraba,
Dhrubajoyti Banikya from Abhyapuri South (SC) and Mukut Sarma
The main opposition party of the state has so far
announced the names 102 candidates and has left eight seats
for its allies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog