Mahanta to contest from two seats
Guwahati: Former Assam chief minister
Prafulla Kumar Mahanta will be AGP`s candidate from Samaguri
in addition to his home constituency of Barhampur.
Mahanta will be pitted against sitting MLA and
Minister for Forest and Tourism Rockybul Hussain at Samaguri,
from where he is contesting for the first time.
His name for the Barhampur seat, which he has been
representing since 1985, was announced earlier.
AGP president Chandramohan Patowary announced the
names of three other candidates - Mamoni Bora from Batadraba,
Dhrubajoyti Banikya from Abhyapuri South (SC) and Mukut Sarma
The main opposition party of the state has so far
announced the names 102 candidates and has left eight seats
for its allies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living