Mahanta to contest from two seats
Guwahati: Former Assam chief minister
Prafulla Kumar Mahanta will be AGP`s candidate from Samaguri
in addition to his home constituency of Barhampur.
Mahanta will be pitted against sitting MLA and
Minister for Forest and Tourism Rockybul Hussain at Samaguri,
from where he is contesting for the first time.
His name for the Barhampur seat, which he has been
representing since 1985, was announced earlier.
AGP president Chandramohan Patowary announced the
names of three other candidates - Mamoni Bora from Batadraba,
Dhrubajoyti Banikya from Abhyapuri South (SC) and Mukut Sarma
The main opposition party of the state has so far
announced the names 102 candidates and has left eight seats
for its allies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media