Mamata meets Sikkim CM, offers more assistance
Gangtok: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday met her Sikkim counterpart Pawan Kumar
Chamling and offered him all assistance to meet the situation
arising out of Sunday`s quake.
"Sikkim is our neighbouring state and we stand by the
people of Sikkim at this hour of crisis with all sorts of
assistance to help them tide over the situation," Banerjee
told reporters after meeting Chamling at NHPC guest house
Banerjee earlier went around some of the tremor
affected villages and talked to doctors and nurses in two
hospitals where the injured were receiving treatment.
Expressing concern over the loss of several lives in the
state due to the earthquake, she said while the Centre was
extending all help, "We in West Bengal have already given some
relief materials and medicines and are ready to provide more."
"What is needed is joint effort to overcome the crisis,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi