Mamata meets Sikkim CM, offers more assistance
Gangtok: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday met her Sikkim counterpart Pawan Kumar
Chamling and offered him all assistance to meet the situation
arising out of Sunday`s quake.
"Sikkim is our neighbouring state and we stand by the
people of Sikkim at this hour of crisis with all sorts of
assistance to help them tide over the situation," Banerjee
told reporters after meeting Chamling at NHPC guest house
Banerjee earlier went around some of the tremor
affected villages and talked to doctors and nurses in two
hospitals where the injured were receiving treatment.
Expressing concern over the loss of several lives in the
state due to the earthquake, she said while the Centre was
extending all help, "We in West Bengal have already given some
relief materials and medicines and are ready to provide more."
"What is needed is joint effort to overcome the crisis,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town