Mamata meets Sikkim CM, offers more assistance
Gangtok: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday met her Sikkim counterpart Pawan Kumar
Chamling and offered him all assistance to meet the situation
arising out of Sunday`s quake.
"Sikkim is our neighbouring state and we stand by the
people of Sikkim at this hour of crisis with all sorts of
assistance to help them tide over the situation," Banerjee
told reporters after meeting Chamling at NHPC guest house
Banerjee earlier went around some of the tremor
affected villages and talked to doctors and nurses in two
hospitals where the injured were receiving treatment.
Expressing concern over the loss of several lives in the
state due to the earthquake, she said while the Centre was
extending all help, "We in West Bengal have already given some
relief materials and medicines and are ready to provide more."
"What is needed is joint effort to overcome the crisis,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win