Man absconds after rape in Manipur
Imphal: In the second such incident in eight days, a man allegedly raped his niece at an interior village in Manipur`s Imphal East district, police sources said on Monday.
A complaint was lodged yesterday about the 50-year-old man Kangujam Loken allegedly raping his 11-year-old niece taking advantage that the family of the victim was working in the fields, at Phaknung village, about 25 km from here under Lamlai police station on July 5, the sources said.
The alleged rapist, who was a father of two children, was absconding, the sources said.
The girl, a student of class five in a local school was sent for medical check up at the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital, they said.
Enraged local people demanded that the man be handed over to them after immediate arrest.
On July 1, a 40-year-old man Irom Bobo allegedly raped his 12-year old niece at Karaong Tharoijam Leikai area under Patsoi police station in Imphal West district. He was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH