Man absconds after rape in Manipur
Imphal: In the second such incident in eight days, a man allegedly raped his niece at an interior village in Manipur`s Imphal East district, police sources said on Monday.
A complaint was lodged yesterday about the 50-year-old man Kangujam Loken allegedly raping his 11-year-old niece taking advantage that the family of the victim was working in the fields, at Phaknung village, about 25 km from here under Lamlai police station on July 5, the sources said.
The alleged rapist, who was a father of two children, was absconding, the sources said.
The girl, a student of class five in a local school was sent for medical check up at the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital, they said.
Enraged local people demanded that the man be handed over to them after immediate arrest.
On July 1, a 40-year-old man Irom Bobo allegedly raped his 12-year old niece at Karaong Tharoijam Leikai area under Patsoi police station in Imphal West district. He was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY