Man absconds after rape in Manipur
Imphal: In the second such incident in eight days, a man allegedly raped his niece at an interior village in Manipur`s Imphal East district, police sources said on Monday.
A complaint was lodged yesterday about the 50-year-old man Kangujam Loken allegedly raping his 11-year-old niece taking advantage that the family of the victim was working in the fields, at Phaknung village, about 25 km from here under Lamlai police station on July 5, the sources said.
The alleged rapist, who was a father of two children, was absconding, the sources said.
The girl, a student of class five in a local school was sent for medical check up at the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital, they said.
Enraged local people demanded that the man be handed over to them after immediate arrest.
On July 1, a 40-year-old man Irom Bobo allegedly raped his 12-year old niece at Karaong Tharoijam Leikai area under Patsoi police station in Imphal West district. He was arrested.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan