Man absconds after rape in Manipur
Imphal: In the second such incident in eight days, a man allegedly raped his niece at an interior village in Manipur`s Imphal East district, police sources said on Monday.
A complaint was lodged yesterday about the 50-year-old man Kangujam Loken allegedly raping his 11-year-old niece taking advantage that the family of the victim was working in the fields, at Phaknung village, about 25 km from here under Lamlai police station on July 5, the sources said.
The alleged rapist, who was a father of two children, was absconding, the sources said.
The girl, a student of class five in a local school was sent for medical check up at the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital, they said.
Enraged local people demanded that the man be handed over to them after immediate arrest.
On July 1, a 40-year-old man Irom Bobo allegedly raped his 12-year old niece at Karaong Tharoijam Leikai area under Patsoi police station in Imphal West district. He was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble