Man forced to eat dog`s excreta in Meghalaya
Shillong: A man was allegedly tortured and forced to eat dog excreta by eight of his relatives on the suspicion of practising witchcraft at Mawutieng in East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya, police said on Saturday.
Halorsing Kharumnuid (47) suffered the brutality before he was let off with warnings two days ago, East Khasi Hills district SP M Kharkrang said.
Seven of the eight accused were arrested this morning.
Last week, a village elder and two others were arrested after the district administration lodged a human right abuse complaint with the police after a man was forced to eat his own excreta on the charge of witchcraft.
Taking cognizance of the inhuman act, the National Human Rights Commission has earlier sought report on the case from the East Khasi Hills Deputy Commissioner and police.
This is the third such case reported to the administration in the past one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!