Man forced to eat dog`s excreta in Meghalaya
Shillong: A man was allegedly tortured and forced to eat dog excreta by eight of his relatives on the suspicion of practising witchcraft at Mawutieng in East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya, police said on Saturday.
Halorsing Kharumnuid (47) suffered the brutality before he was let off with warnings two days ago, East Khasi Hills district SP M Kharkrang said.
Seven of the eight accused were arrested this morning.
Last week, a village elder and two others were arrested after the district administration lodged a human right abuse complaint with the police after a man was forced to eat his own excreta on the charge of witchcraft.
Taking cognizance of the inhuman act, the National Human Rights Commission has earlier sought report on the case from the East Khasi Hills Deputy Commissioner and police.
This is the third such case reported to the administration in the past one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred