Man gets life sentence for raping minor in Tripura
Agartala: A tribal was sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in Tripura for raping a 13-year-old girl, police said here Friday.
"Dhananjoy Reang raped a minor girl May 5, 2013 at Anandabazar village in northern Tripura. Police, after investigating the case, filed a chargesheet in court within 70 days," a statement said.
After hearing both the sides, additional district and session judge of Dharmanagar town in Tripura Thursday handed down a life sentence to Reang, 36, along with a fine of Rs.20,000.
This is the first rape case settled in Tripura in a record 10-month period, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre