Man held with ammunition in Tripura
Agartala: A mentally deranged man was detained in a court complex in north Tripura Monday with a Belgium-made magazine loaded with 14 live bullets, police said.
"The middle-aged detainee, a vagabond, has been staying in the Kamalpur court complex for the past few years," a police spokesperson said here.
"As the captive is mentally retarded, the police did not arrest him, but he would remain under police watch," the officer added.
The magazine and the bullets are of a self-loading rifle (SLR).
Kamalpur town, some 160 km from here, is located along the India-Bangladesh border.
"We are also exploring whether the man worked as a spy for any foreign intelligence agency," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons