Man held with ammunition in Tripura
Agartala: A mentally deranged man was detained in a court complex in north Tripura Monday with a Belgium-made magazine loaded with 14 live bullets, police said.
"The middle-aged detainee, a vagabond, has been staying in the Kamalpur court complex for the past few years," a police spokesperson said here.
"As the captive is mentally retarded, the police did not arrest him, but he would remain under police watch," the officer added.
The magazine and the bullets are of a self-loading rifle (SLR).
Kamalpur town, some 160 km from here, is located along the India-Bangladesh border.
"We are also exploring whether the man worked as a spy for any foreign intelligence agency," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?