Man held with ammunition in Tripura
Agartala: A mentally deranged man was detained in a court complex in north Tripura Monday with a Belgium-made magazine loaded with 14 live bullets, police said.
"The middle-aged detainee, a vagabond, has been staying in the Kamalpur court complex for the past few years," a police spokesperson said here.
"As the captive is mentally retarded, the police did not arrest him, but he would remain under police watch," the officer added.
The magazine and the bullets are of a self-loading rifle (SLR).
Kamalpur town, some 160 km from here, is located along the India-Bangladesh border.
"We are also exploring whether the man worked as a spy for any foreign intelligence agency," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends